Saturday, 14 January 2012

Jonathan Deceived Nollywood With $200m —Chukwurah

Popular Nollywood actress, Clarion Chukwurah, has berated President Goodluck Jonathan over his purported donation of $200 million to the entertainment industry saying it was a deceit.

Clarion Chukwurah
The actress who joined her counterparts in the entertainment industry in support of the masses against the removal of subsidy by the President, said nobody in the industry can say he has received the money from the President.
President Jonathan had announced a donation of $200 million to the entertainment industry during a meeting with the stakeholders in the industry. He described this as a direct intervention lifeline for the exclusive purpose of supporting artist and developing the entertainment industry.
The announcement was made at the 30th anniversary of the Silverbird Group in Lagos.
He had immediately received commendations from actors, actresses and musicians most of whom released campaign songs for him and publicly endorsed him as their candidate.
Chukwurah, while reacting to the removal of fuel subsidy by the President and some of his policies since he assumed office, Nigerians should not believe in his promises adding that the President is like other politicians who promise and fail.
She said the President announced the huge sum for the entertainment industry as “a bait to get us all to endorse him for the election and sell our fans to him,” since the President believes that with such endorsement, their fans would do same.
Also, musician, Daddy Showkey, regretted endorsing him during Jonathan’s campaign, saying the President had reneged on his promise to the people of the country.
Daddy Showkey said: “though I followed him throughout the campaign period, endorsed him and campaigned for him, I don’t support this policy.”
He added in pidgin English: “Jonathan, they say I should tell you to revert to the old fuel price of N65 per litre,” he said.


Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Nick Cannon (Mariah Careh's Husband) Hospitalized for Mild Kidney Failure

Wife Mariah Carey asks fans to ‘please pray’ as he’s ‘fighting to recover’

Nick Cannon’s New Year started off with a lot of pain.

The “America’s Got Talent” host, 31, has been hospitalized after suffering from mild kidney failure.

Wife Mariah Carey took to Twitter Wednesday morning urging fans to “please pray for Nick as he’s fighting to recover.” The 41-year-old singer also posted a photo of herself lying alongside her husband in a hospital bed in Aspen, Colo., where they have been vacationing over the holiday season.

Carey, who welcomed twins Moroccan and Monroe in April, went into further detail on her blog about Cannon’s medical scare.

“This is us in the hospital - role reversal,” she wrote about the photo. “Last year it was me attached to the machines (after having dembabies) and Nick was there with me through it, and now here we are.”

“We’re trying to be as festive as possible under the circumstances but please keep Nick in your thoughts because this is very painful,” she continued. “They tried to kick me out of the hospital but here I am pon de bed with Mr. C.”

Despite being "straaaaaanded in Aspen," the self-professed “dramatic diva” said she is trying to make the best out of the situation.

“The truth is as long as we're together, we're OK,” she wrote. “I'm not trying to make light out of the situation because it's a serious moment that's very tough on all of us so please keep us and our family in your prayers.”

Sunday, 1 January 2012

Actress Stella Damasus Starts Personal Blog

Nigerian actress, Stella Damasus opened a personal blog today.  I wonder what time she has to blog but she said
"...this is the official launch of my blog .. So you can always come around to get first hand info on what I'm up to."

Thursday, 29 December 2011

Mercy Johnson is Google Most Se arched Celebrity in Nigeria.



    
One actress who made so much news in the year 2011 is delectable screen goddess, Mercy Johnson.

The year was really wonderful for the Kogi State born actress as she remained number one choice in Nollywood from Asaba, Enugu, Lagos, to Abuja and beyond,  gracing posters covers  and movie jackets.


*Mercy Johnson
In the year under review, she got married and was adjudged the best actress at the Afro-Australian Music and Movies Award (AAMMA) which is the only African award event in the whole of Australia and New Zealand. The award recognized Mercy Johnson as Africa’s Queen of the screen which is a symbolic recognition.

The award was held at the Emmore Theatre in Sydney, Australia. Though Mercy Johnson was regrettably absent at the awards due to mixed up flight logistics beyond her control,  another Nollywood star, Desmond Elliot received the award on her behalf.

The icing on the cake for  MJ as she is most fondly called by fans, is her emergence as the most ‘goggled’ Nigerian celebrity on the popular search engine,  Google.

According to Google statistics, Mercy Johnson was the most searched Nigerian celebrity on the internet. She was beaten to the third place by Facebook, the social networking site, which came first and 2go, a mobile messenger that allows one to chat with friends for free.

Apart from playing lead roles in big budget movies and acting in more than a dozen movies during the year, her controversial wedding in August made headlines.

The actress who made her movie debut in ‘’The Maid” years ago, has appeared in over 100 movies and has other notable awards to her credit.

Dbanj Booed Off Stage At The Koko Concert 2011

It was not surprising that the Expo Hall of the Eko Hotel and Suites, the venue of the annual Koko Concert organized by the Mohits was filled to its capacity last night, Tuesday, December 27, 2011 leaving scores of people standing and many more denied entry for the sakes of suffocation.



The main concert did not start until the late hours of the night owning to some technical problems that were being fixed inside the main auditorium. Though many seemed tired and angry with the delay, but the appearance of W4, the Wagba Kontrol crooner on the stage changed it all. It was followed by performance from Naeto C, Davido, Wizkid and UK based Nigerian artiste Dotstar who all wowed the audience before IK Osakioduwa who anchored the show introduced the Mo’hit family on stage.
Democratic Republic of Congo super star, Cabo Snoop was another great performer of the night; he performed some of his best hit songs like Pratakatumba and Windeck to the delight of his teeming Nigerian fans.

The audience, including celebrities went wild when the sexy and award winning sensational singer, Tiwa Savage came on stage clad in a shiny dark blue top and purple hot pants. She really brought the high expectations and excitement back; Tiwa intoxicated the audience with her first rendition, ‘Without My Heart’ which featured the Mohit head honcho, Don Jazzy. The crowd was on their feet all through before she sang another monster hit song – ‘‘Love me, Love me, Love me’ off her yet to be released album. In no time, both the young and old at the show lost decorum. Some trooped to the forefront of the stage while others stood on their seats, all in the name of getting a good glimpse of Tiwa Savage. She literally got the over 5,000 audience eating from her palm.

Unfortunately for a concert as big as Koko Concert, all the performance from the artistes were lip-synched even with the presence of a live instrument which however looked more as a make-over for the stage.
After 7 minutes of mini documentary of Dbanj on the big screen, some fans couldn’t wait to see the Koko-Master come on stage as they kept screaming his name in thousands. Without much ado, the camera was directed to the middle of the auditorium where Dbanj had been hiding for some time. Dbanj was decked in a gold colored shiny jacket over a T-shirt with a picture of his American label (G.O.O.D music) owner, Kanye West’s face on it, with black pants and brown shoes.

While the crowd was still basking in the euphoria of Dbanj’s appearance, he thrilled them with his song, Suddenly, with the backup of a live band, and the crowd kept screaming just like the Libyans celebrated the fall of the late dictator, Muhammar Gaddafi.

But the excitement was short-lived when Pop star Dbanj, who was the last headliner, unfortunately put up a disappointing performance. When Dbanj performance with the live band became obviously dull, the Deejay came back on stage once again and it was a mixture of drum set and his original recorded beats which he however continue to lip-synch to. Many anticipated more than what the Mo’Hits Vice President brought.

As the crowd got more bored of his performance, the Koko Master continued to engage in pointless small-talks and complimenting his sexuality per time. In place of an enigmatic performance the audience had expected, Dbanj was too busy raining accolades on his brand, Genevieve, Kanye West, GT Bank and random ladies who she finds irresistible among the crowd. It got so annoying that some people began to leave.

When he realized the crowd was gradually leaving the main auditorium, he performed ‘Fall in love’ and dedicated it to Don Jazzy’s parents who were celebrating their 30th marriage anniversary on the same day.

The shocking news of the night was when Dbanj announced that people should not expect any ‘spectacular surprise’ as American rapstar, Rick Ross was not in Nigeria as earlier publicized due to the recent state of insecurity in the country. This triggered a massive exit from the hall as the crowd who were expectedly waiting for Rick Ross and possibly Kanye West to come on stage as a surprise package for the night felt highly disappointed.

Dbanj was booed off stage after he made the announcement.

Wednesday, 28 December 2011

Cross River to sue US rapper

The Cross River State Government has hired lawyers in the United States to sue rapper, Rick Ross, for breach of contract.

The government stated this in a BlackBerry Messenger broadcast on Wednesday morning.

Ross was expected to perform today at the Calabar Festival but failed to turn up for unknown reasons.

The BBM broadcast reads, "‎​Please be informed that Rick Ross has cancelled his performance at Calabar Festival after accepting full performance fee.

"The rapper, Rick Ross, has issued a statement cancelling his performance at the Calabar Festival, scheduled for December 28, 2011, for reasons not related to his recent surgery and seizures.  "The performer’s cancellation is unexpected and the reasons are unknown to Cross River State since he has confirmed receipt of his entire performance fee many weeks ago.

"Currently, Cross River State and its agents have retained counsel in the United States to pursue their legal and monetary remedies against the artist."

Wednesday, 21 December 2011

Actress and Upcoming Singer Tonto Dikeh Visits Dagrin's Tomb

Tonto Dikeh took time out to visit Dagrin's tomb, at Atan Cementry, Yaba Lagos. The famous indigenous rapper passed away in 2009 and was acknowledged as one of the best Nigerian rappers to ever live.